Monday 29 March 2010

Steven Purcell - More Information

It seems odd to me that an organ I have never heard of before, has this information:




Steven Purcell tells of ‘gangster fears’

Former Glasgow leader tells of booze and drugs hell

Published: 29/03/2010
FORMER Glasgow City Council chief Steven Purcell turned to alcohol to fight pressure and loneliness, it was reported today.
Mr Purcell, Glasgow’s ex-Labour leader, also revealed that he had suffered a breakdown amid fears that gangsters had a video of him snorting cocaine.
Mr Purcell, 37, quit politics earlier this month.
He reportedly said today: “I must apologise to my family, my constituents who loyally elected me, my friends and my colleagues, who may feel I ran away from things.”
Mr Purcell said responsibility for the £2.4 billion annual Glasgow budget and the upcoming Commonwealth Games in 2014 had increased the stress he was under.

No comments: